Fair Wear Foundation
Fair Wear Foundation (FWF) is committed to good working conditions in the clothing industry, in countries where clothing is produced for the Dutch and European markets. FWF works together with the industries (MODINT, CBW-MITEX and FGHS) organisations, unions (FNV and CNV) and the Clean Clothes Campaign. Companies that are associated with FWF are committed to the improvement of working conditions.
- Clothing brands or companies that join FWF focuses mainly on the vendor in the ready-to-wear clothing industry.
- FWF has a monitoring and verification method to monitor the implementation of the code of conduct and improvement of work conditions.
100% of Schijvens’ production locations are audited and monitored. In 2018 Schijvens achieved a score of 86, which makes Schijvens LEADER within FWF!
FWF has developed a code of conduct based on the standards of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) which covers eight important areas:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- No discrimination in employment
- No child labour
- Free of association and the right of collective bargaining
- Payment of a living wage
- No excessive working hours
- Legally binding employment relationship